The IEEE SIGHT Steering Committee is inviting applications for project funding support. SIGHT groups? major goal is to create opportunities for members to devote time and talents to humanitarian work consistent with IEEE?s Constitution to ?bring the benefits of technology to the entire world.?
We will support a wide range of projects depending on the problems that a SIGHT is trying to address. Projects guideline outlines the scope and provides more information on the nature of projects. The level of funding support has been between USD $500 to USD $20,000.
1) Projects guideline – READ FIRST
2) Proposal forms (Please read the guideline to choose the right form)
1) Application Deadline: May 15
Decision: June 15
2) Application Deadline: July 15
Decision: August 15
3) Application Deadline: September 15
Decision: October 15
Date : 11 / 02 / 15
A much needed talent for all engineering students alike is resume writing. Whether it be a job seeker or an aspirant for higher studies a resume is mandatory. Kiran Rajmohan, IEEE SB Chair, put forward his thoughts and shared his experiences on how to cook up the perfect resume. Providing the participants with guidelines and assistance with their resumes, this program was aimed exclusively for pre final year students from all branches alike. The event included showcasing of real resumes as examples and included a scrutiny and analysis on what to and not to do while writing a resume..
1) R10 Student Paper Contest
Two papers from CET got selected for the R10 Student Paper Contest held at
Paper 1:Electroculographic Technique of Interactive Communication for Patients with Motor Disability and Speech Impairment
Team Members:George Sebastian, Gopika G Kumar, Varsha Vinod , Visakh K
- Introduction of eye movement analysis as a new sensing module for textual communication
- Development and characterization of equipment to detect the three basic EOG signals
- Implementation of a method to enable command and verbal communication for patients with limited peripheral mobility
Paper 2:Rural Urban Educational Bridge implemented using Cloud Computing
Team Members:Pooja ,Balagopalan , Soorej
- Establishing an online platform for education backed by cloud computing platform
- Bridge the rural and urban gap in educational field and provide all equal opportunities
Provide personalized learning experience for all students
2) Region 10 Student Branch Website Contest
IEEE Student Branch, College of Engineering Trivandrum of Kerala Section, emerged as the 2nd Runner-up of theRegion 10 Student Branch Website Contest for the year 2014.
3) Kevin Martin, a student member presented a paper on Mobile Controlled Farm Management Aider at IEEE GHTC 14, R10, Chennai.
4) Two of our volunteers were awarded the prestigious Richard E Merwin Scholarship: Kevin Martin and Pranav Raj
5) Some of our active student members also were elected to be the IEEE Indian Council.
- Kiran Rajmohan, Student Representative, IEEE Kerala Section
- Arun Joseph, Newsletter Team
- Chandykunju Alex-membership growth and Sustainable Committee Member
- Prajilesh N, Student Activity Council Member
- Rohan Reji, Student Activity Council Member
- Pranav Raj – Web Council member
Week 1- GD Session (01/08/14)
Turnout – 20 -25 students
Duration -An hour and half
Moderator – Annette Ma’am
1) The wheel is round and round
2) Reservations-Is it time for a change?
3) Do we really need classrooms?
The first session of the weekly program proposed for this academic year saw a huge turnout especially from second years. Lack of fluency in English is a problem faced by most of us. This event will serve as a platform for improving our communication skills. While there is an active Debate Club functioning in college, most students are hesitant to join these meetings as these sessions mostly deal with event like J.A.M which requires a person to be witty, spontaneous and have excellent command over the English language. Most students voted for having more abstract topics to encourage them to think outside the box.
Inauguration IEEE Kerala Robotics and Automation Society were held on 3rd August 2014 at Trivandrum. The program begins with interaction session about future robotics in Kerala, and also shared each individual’s frustrations and dreams about Robotics Research field. Then the official inauguration ceremony was begin at 4:00PM with Welcome Speech by Srinivasan Ravindran, Chair – IEEE Kerala Section. And Inauguration was done by Mohammed Safirulla IAS, Director – Kerala State IT Mission, & Prof.Prahlad Vadakkepat, National University of Singapore. Then the ceremony was addressed by Mohammed Safirulla and Sabarinath Pillai, Secretary – IEEE Kerala Section. The road map of IEEE RAS Kerala section was elaborated by Rejin Narayanan, Chair – RAS Chapter, IEEE Kerala Section.The vote thanks was delivered by Shahim baker Secretary of IEEE RAS Kerala Section.
After the Inauguration session a lecture on robotics was taken by Prof.Prahlad Vadakkepat .Exhibition of robots from top colleges in Kerala –NIT Calicut, College of Engineering Trivandrum, TKMCE was one of the attraction of the program.