IEEE IGNITE 2015 is a novel venture initiated by IEEE Women In Engineering Chapters of College of Engineering Trivandrum and Sarabhai Institute of Science and Technology to address the problem of gender disparity that exists in the field of engineering by honing the managerial and entrepreneurial skills of the students. It all started with a proposal prepared by the IEEE WIE CET Chapter for 2015 R10 WIE Support Fund under the section Congress/Forum. A fund of 400 USD was granted for the same. By this, we intended to inspire women engineers to explore the avenues of entrepreneurship and research available to them.It is also intended a platform for students from across the state to exchange ideas, interact and tap into an extensive network of professionals and thus kindle the fire within.
Venue : College of Engineering Trivandrum, Sarabhai Institute of Technology
Date : 2-4 October,2015
Theme : Re-kindle the fire in you
- Group Discussions and symposium
- “Does gender affect skill development in campus life?” was conducted by the representatives of Society for Promotion of Alternative Computing and Employment (SPACE) ; moderated by Sri. Arun, representative from SPACE Kerala, Miss Grace Tylor an MIT graduate and currently a student at Harvard University.
- “Kickstarting the Entrepreneur in You” by Srivalli Krishnan, Founder and CEO of eFar
- “What do recruiters look for in an engineer” ; Session by A. S. Girish, HR Head at Apollo Tyres
- Workshop on Product Design by Manu T., Assistant Director of Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC)
- Workshop on Social Entrepreneurship by Ganesh Gopal and Abhilash, Kerala Startup Mission
- Industrial visit to FABLABS (FABrication LABoratory – small scale workshop offering digital fabrication) and M-Squared
- Talk by Pratheeksha A. K., Director Marketing at BFonics, on Women Entrepreneurship – Roles and Challenges
- Session on Business English by Oommen Varghese, Senior Lecturer in Communicative English, Kerala State Civil Service Academy