1) R10 Student Paper Contest
Two papers from CET got selected for the R10 Student Paper Contest held at
Paper 1:Electroculographic Technique of Interactive Communication for Patients with Motor Disability and Speech Impairment
Team Members:George Sebastian, Gopika G Kumar, Varsha Vinod , Visakh K
- Introduction of eye movement analysis as a new sensing module for textual communication
- Development and characterization of equipment to detect the three basic EOG signals
- Implementation of a method to enable command and verbal communication for patients with limited peripheral mobility
Paper 2:Rural Urban Educational Bridge implemented using Cloud Computing
Team Members:Pooja ,Balagopalan , Soorej
- Establishing an online platform for education backed by cloud computing platform
- Bridge the rural and urban gap in educational field and provide all equal opportunities
Provide personalized learning experience for all students
2) Region 10 Student Branch Website Contest
IEEE Student Branch, College of Engineering Trivandrum of Kerala Section, emerged as the 2nd Runner-up of theRegion 10 Student Branch Website Contest for the year 2014.
3) Kevin Martin, a student member presented a paper on Mobile Controlled Farm Management Aider at IEEE GHTC 14, R10, Chennai.
4) Two of our volunteers were awarded the prestigious Richard E Merwin Scholarship: Kevin Martin and Pranav Raj
5) Some of our active student members also were elected to be the IEEE Indian Council.
- Kiran Rajmohan, Student Representative, IEEE Kerala Section
- Arun Joseph, Newsletter Team
- Chandykunju Alex-membership growth and Sustainable Committee Member
- Prajilesh N, Student Activity Council Member
- Rohan Reji, Student Activity Council Member
- Pranav Raj – Web Council member